Tuesday, November 22, 2016

WHERE ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS


I have observed that life has a full share of ups and downs. I’ve been through all of these experiences in life. Indeed, I’ve experience many joys and many sorrows in this world, many plans changed and many new directions.

I tell you, it’s not always easy. There are times I wasn’t sure how things would work out. Sometimes I have so many questions like why these things happening to me? When are things going to happen?


However there is someone keeps telling me:

“Life is like that… as long as we progressive and grow, then it is fine. The most important thing is hold your head up high. You have everything to look forward to. Keep the faith. Be strong. You are strong, you are capable, you are talented and you are wonderful. Just believe in yourself. Never doubt yourself. Never doubt.”

This is why it is great to have a close friend. It helps me smooth out the rough edges. Sometimes metaphorically and sometimes literally. I am blessed. One night I ponder and read Ether 12:12: “For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.”

Then I read the quote of what Orson F. Whitney said:

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.”

And Spencer W. Kimball once wrote and I quote:

“Being human, we would expel from our lives physical pain and mental anguish and assure ourselves of continual ease and comfort, but if we were to close the doors upon sorrow and distress, we might be excluding our greatest friends and benefactors. Suffering can make saints of people as they learn patience, long-suffering and self-mastery.”

These teachings helped me understand that we gain education through our sorrow and suffering we experience in this life and builds up our characters and qualities such as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. I need more faith to open another door and closing doors upon certain experiences in my life. God never shuts one door without opening another. I do not know what goes on behind closed doors. I knew that even though it is hard, God would help me. I know that if I continue to trust in Him and to act in faith, He will make impossible things possible. He will answer all our prayers, and He will continue to guide us as long as we continue to obey Him.

Today is a perfect day to open a new door. Prayer is the key to Heaven but faith unlock the door. It takes faith – unseeing faith. Yes, that's right. It takes faith to open another door. Today, I close the door to my past, open the door to my future, take a deep breath and step through to a new chapter in my life. And today, I wanted to look good as I’m opening another door to a new life. I pick out an outfit that makes me happy.

I love my bright spring colors of my skirt. I already wore it for three times in some occasions and I really love it. I first time wore it during my Trainers Methodology graduation ceremony in ICST, the second one was when I was invited as a Resource Guest speaker at Labo National High School and the third one was at Church. 


The fabric of my skirt is very comfy and thick. I love it. My white top and my white necklace are a great match to my skirt. My black high heels go very well in my skirt too. Perfect! I love wearing high heels so much, it straightens my back and it makes my steps livelier. I wanted to walk like that forever, in a young and confident way.

No comments:

Post a Comment