Sunday, January 29, 2017

MY EVERYDAY MAYBELLINE VELVET MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS


When I heard that Maybelline has come up with a cream-to-matte finish lipsticks and it’s on sale for Php299 price, from its regular Php349 price tag. I was too excited to go on store to see their new product of matte lipsticks. Since then, I’ve been starting eyeing for the 9 shades of Maybelline Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks namely; Mat1, Mat2, Mat5, Mat6, Mat8, Mat9, Mat10, Mat11 and Mat12. I read several reviews of these 9 shades from other bloggers as well before buying the shades that I will like.

I finally ended up getting Mat1, Mat10 and Mat12. I was too excited to try these 3 shades of lippies and see if they’re really works for me. I thought I might not like the finish and would end up wasting another tube of liquid lipstick again and my money as well but it’s not! I was wrong.


I love the buttery texture of this Maybelline Velvet Matte lipstick. It glides buttery soft on my lips and doesn’t have a sticky feel texture unlike other cream-based matte lippies that I tried before. Velvet Matte doesn’t have that powdery and rough feel once it dries. It does have gloss when freshly applied but turns to matte once it dries in about 15-30 minutes, and it also varies on how many layers you put on. The more layers you put on, the more time it takes to turns to matte. It doesn’t transfer on your cup or it turns kiss-proof. However, transfer rate is high if the product is not yet completely dry. Sometimes, I slightly pat my lips with a piece of towel paper if I wanted to dry it fast.


MAT 1 is a bright coral pink shade. It’s not too neon and is warm. Works a lot of all skin tones. I like the shade of this lippie perfect for my bright colors OOTD.


MAT 10 is a nice Barbie pink with a tint of lavender. It isn’t too bright, also good for everyday wear, and is my favorite. I always wear this shade in all of my OOTD. So girly and very much on trend. If you want pink that stands out try this shade.


MAT 12 is a pretty nude pink. I love how it doesn’t wash out my skin tone, even when it’s nude. I always looking for a perfect nude lippie for me and this one really suit me.


Overall, I love the Velvet Mattes. I love the high pigmentation of all the shades I have, the matte finish, the longevity of wearing it because it doesn’t fade right away when I’m eating my food, and most importantly, it doesn’t dry out my lips!!! I love it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment