Monday, February 15, 2016

THERE'S STILL TIME FOR A VALENTINE



Who says only couples and lovers can enjoy one of the favorite days of the year? Who says single ladies like me can’t dress up and have fun this Valentine’s Day?

I’ve been asked by one of my students in Young Women Class if I was bitter this Valentine’s Day, and I replied to her, “Bitter?, I’m better!” as I laughed and smiled. Why? Because I choose to make myself feel better by taking time for myself to look good, beautiful, and be my best self on this very special occasion that every nation and country all over the world is celebrating it.

I plan ahead of time what I’m going to wear for this important day of the year. I select the colors that make me happy: pink blazer, striped blue peplum top and white knee-length skater skirt are my colors to wear. Plus white accessories and white peep toe shoes to show off my pink pedi. All set! And I’m ready for Valentine’s. All single ladies like me deserve to look beautiful to celebrate it! ;) Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!!! ;)

In closing, one piece of advice from the books that I’ve been addicted to reading lately, it says, and I quote, "Love is listening when they are ready to talk. Loving may come naturally, but leading is a polished skill that maybe we don't take seriously enough." – Sharon G. Larsen, “Leading, Loving, Listening,”Women Of Destiny –Refelections on the Relief Society Declaration

“Selfishness is the surest way to dating destruction. On the other hand, selflessness is the surest way to dating and marriage success. Selflessness is naturally expressed in acts of service and is like oxygen to people’s social lives. When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God (Mosiah 2:17). Elbert Hubbard said, “Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away.” – Chris & Julia Deaver and Don McCartney, Fearless Dating: Escape the Singles' Ward, Find True Love, and Join the Happily Married

Keep the leading, loving, listening alive and Serve selflessly! ;)


2 comments: