Friday, November 11, 2016

GOOD FOOD FROM FRESH INGREDIENTS


I wake up 6:30 am today. Yes! I’m an early riser. I always wake up early to prepare food for our breakfast, and also I’m very excited to use my new fry pan that I mention from my last posting.

Today’s breakfast menu is scrambled eggs! I will be cooking scrambled eggs with tomatoes and spring onions. I love tomatoes so much. I love eating it raw. I have tomato plant before and it was so sweet to the taste. I will plant again tomatoes when I can get a new garden pots. I plant my tomatoes in a pot and it grows beautifully. I love eating spring onions as well. Right now, I have plenty of spring onions planted in my little garden.

I really love planting spices in my little garden this is one of my hobby aside of designing, painting, styling and other things because cooking is my love thing to do, and it makes me happy to pick fresh ingredients from my little garden. Currently, I have spring onions and ginger in my garden.

I love these two ingredients mix together with my scrambled eggs. I sauté first the tomatoes with a little amount of cooking oil. Then, I add the spring onions when the tomatoes are already tender.


I really love the color effect and combination of the tomatoes and the spring onions mixed together. Hmmm the smells so good. It feels like the Christmas seasons is approaching while sautéing these two ingredients - Christmas color!

Adding the four eggs makes it more interesting. The colors are pretty and very vibrant to the eyes. It’s more and more interesting if I sprinkled some pepper powder on egg yolks. Unfortunately, I don’t have pepper powder available in the kitchen, only salt.


I love how the egg yolks scattered on frying pan. It creates so many colors. Beautifully well done. The colors of the egg yolks are so vibrant. Perfect!

I don’t want to scramble it but I have to because my today’s menu is “scrambled” eggs! So I need to scramble the eggs.

Okay, here’s my scrambled eggs with tomatoes and spring onions! Beautifully done. The smells so good. The taste is yummy, of course. Its soft, tender, you will feel the taste of the tomatoes and the tomatoes skin itself, juicy and a little bit crunchy because of the spring onions. It’s really good to your mouth. Also good for pairing it with rice or bread.


Here are some of reasons why I eat tomatoes and spring onions or green onions are as follows:

Tomatoes health benefits:
  • Tomatoes are good for heart. They are effective in reducing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure because of the Vitamin B and Potassium in tomatoes. Effectively prevent heart attacks and strokes.
  • The Vitamin A in tomatoes is fantastic for improving vision which good for eyes.
  • Tomatoes help maintain strong bones because it contain Vitamin K, which plays a key role maintaining strong bones.
  • It contain a high level of lycopene which good for skin.
  • Tomatoes provides essential antioxidants. Tomatoes contain a great deal of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. These vitamins and beta-carotene work as antioxidants to neutralize harmful free radicals in the blood.
Spring onions or Green onions health benefits:
  • Spring onions lowers the blood sugar levels.
  • Loaded with high amounts of fiber that helps your digestive system to function better.
  • It speeds up the level of blood circulation in the body.                                                                                            
I hope you enjoy reading my simple breakfast menu recipe today and learn something new on it.

“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.”  – Julia Child

What are your favorite food to cook at home during breakfast?

Have a great rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment