Thursday, October 15, 2015

HAPPY TUMMY FOR THIS CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY WITH PEANUT BUTTER

Background Image Credit: Red Table Mat from eggcupandblanket.co.uk


Are you feeling hungry? Love curry? This weekend you must try cooking this recipe Creamy Chicken Curry with Peanut Butter. I'm pretty sure you'll gonna love it! :)

My first try cooking Chicken Curry, was turned out pretty good and yum! This recipe is perfect with rice. It's creamier when I add peanut butter. My Auntie's, brother and the whole family love it so much. They enjoyed finger licking the creamy sauce and wanted some more. Yum! I am happy to hear their praises and compliments not knowing it was my first time cooking this very kind of dish.  

Since then, my mom always requested me to cook it for the party. I received many great feedback from the people in the party and some asked to take some home. :) I'm very happy to see people happy eating my food. I can see their satisfaction in their faces. Some would ask what is my secret ingredient because it's finger licking good! So, below is the recipe. I used chicken breast in this recipe however, you can have chicken drumsticks or chicken wings as you wish.




Ingredients:
  • 3 pieces breast chicken (clean and cut into serving piece) or any chicken parts
  • 4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 small onion (sliced)
  • 3 pieces potatoes (chunks)
  • 1 pieces red bell pepper (sliced)
  • 3 stalk celery (sliced)
  • 2 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 can coconut milk or evaporated milk (for this recipe i used evaporated milk)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking oil

Cooking:
  1. In a bowl, put chicken pieces then add salt and pepper. Set aside.
  2. In a larger skillet, heat oil. Fry potatoes. Remove and Set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, saute garlic and onion. Add chicken until cook.
  4. When the chicken is cook add curry powder. Stir to combine well.
  5. Add coconut milk. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add water, peanut butter and bring to boil. Stirring occasionally.
  6. Add celery, red bell pepper, potatoes. Simmer until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Serve hot.

Still feeling hungry? Want to have something tasty and yummy? Try the recipe now to have a happy tummy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment