Friday, July 15, 2016

THE LITTLE SEED

Illustration by Kirstie D. Fuentes

I’m writing this on behalf of my previous blog post which I talk about the seed that never sprouts and blooms no matter how hard the gardener is trying… And it’s just like me when no matter how much hard I try, it never works and the seed doesn’t bloom.

Last week, I opened my scriptures to Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon, which opens my eyes back again. Alma compares faith to a seed.  Alma gave his listeners counsel to take care and nourish the seed, and that if it were a good seed it would grow and create powerful, good feelings.  Alma also cautioned the people to be careful not to neglect the seed because neglect would prevent the seed’s growth. Each seed’s growth depended on my efforts and help from the Lord.  I decided to replant the seed in me, nourish it until it grows, take root and one day pluck the fruit which is most precious and sweet above all that is sweet.  And when that time comes, I’ll reap that fruit and let someone taste it.

I will end this blogpost with some words of encouragement. I will never give up whenever I am doing my best and then I fail, I can pause and rest for a while, get up and celebrate. In fact, the only way to succeed is to fail. Abraham Lincoln was a persistent man who faced several challenges and failures. He never, ever gave up. He had a vision that he had been called to achieve something great, and he did not relent. He simply would not stop until his goals were fulfilled.

I can be happy, confident and beautiful. I just never, ever give up. Ivan Panin says, “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.”



No comments:

Post a Comment